This glossary provides additional descriptive information to help explain the terminology used within FeAST. If you require further information then, please use the form below to contact us directly.
- Pressure benchmark/definition - A defined description or degree at which a pressure is exerted.
- Exposure - The degree to which marine habitats and species overlap with pressures.
- Pressure – Force acting upon the marine environment, for example smothering of seabed habitats and species.
- Sensitivity - The degree to which species or habitats are tolerant to change (resistance) and their ability to recover (resilience) when exposed to a given pressure
- Recovery - The ability to recover from disturbance or stress.
- Tolerance - The ability to absorb or resist change or disturbance